Thankyou’s development aim is to fund sustainable solutions for the most at-risk and rural communities through their project partners. For child and maternal health the World Health Organisation statistics are every 90 seconds a mother dies in pregnancy and childbirth (with 99% of these deaths happening in developing nations), and globally 2.9 million babies don’t reach their first month of life because they can’t access basic health care. The range will exist to reduce these stats by giving 100 per cent of the profits to:
- Building birthing centres with access to safe water
- Improving existing birthing centres (upgrading beds, medical supplies, malaria nets, safe birthing kits)
- Training and education for governmental health officials and skilled birth attendants (nurses)
- Advocating against harmful practices to educate mothers and families about life-saving antenatal and postnatal procedures.
- Access to antenatal and postnatal care for mothers and babies